Technology is shaping up in this century and significant milestones have been made in the business; big players in the markets are coming up with innovations that make services easier for their customers. Equity bank and Safaricom operations are working quite well and now it’s always easier to send money from your Mpesa wallet to your Equity bank account.
Here are the simple steps you should follow while sending money from your Mpesa wallet to your Equity Bank account.
- Using the Sim Tool Kit or the Mpesa App, navigate to your Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa na Mpesa option.
- Select the Paybill option.
- Enter 247247 as the Business number.
- Enter your Equity Account number or receipt number.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit to the Equity account.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN.
- Confirm your details.
- You will receive a transaction confirmation message from Mpesa and Equity Bank.
Once the money has been sent, check the confirmation message. You’ll get a confirmation message from equity bank or M-Pesa. The message is crucial since it informs you whether or not the Transaction was successful.
Even though it can take a few hours for the confirmation notification to reach you, the funds will already be taken out of your M-Pesa account.
M-Pesa rates apply when sending money from M-Pesa to the Equity Bank account. Nevertheless, the sums will vary based on how much you want to transfer to your bank. The daily M-Pesa rates serve as a cap on how much you can transfer.