Once again, the 2022 KCSE candidates have an opportunity to apply for their desired courses in various institutions of higher learning in Kenya. The Kenya Universities and Colleges placement services [KUCCPS] will allow those who attained a minimum of C+ and above to apply for various undergraduate courses in both private and public universities and a minimum of C- for a diploma. The admissions will be pooled into postgraduate degrees, diplomas, certificates, short courses, Distance learning and other various programs as provided by higher learning institutions.
Here are the guidelines on how to make 2023/2024 KUCCPS application:
- The applicants must log in to the KUCCPS student portal and use their personal details as the username and password. First, key in the KCSE index number and the year the student sat for KSCE. The password will be either the birth certificate or the KCPE index number.
- All programs have minimum subject requirements that cut across the learning institutions. Only apply for a course whose minimum requirements are met by the student. The overall performance and the available capacity will determine the selection. Applying for a course without meeting the requirements is null.
- Before selecting the desired program. You can counter-check the various programs and requirements by clicking programmes. To search for the universities’ various courses, click on the institutions tab.
- In the process of selecting the various programs, highlight the desired courses in the Course basket so that it becomes easier to select the desired course from a small pool of courses.
- Once you have a pool of courses you want to apply for, you must enter the program codes.
- Click on the Application/Revision tab to key in the program codes for a successful application.
- For the application to be successful, ensure you submit payment details.
- The charges are as follows:
- Ksh 1,500 will be charged for a first-time application.
- Ksh1,000 will be charged for students revising the choices they had submitted early in school.
- The processing payment is paid after completing the selection of the desired courses.
- After submitting all these details. The application will be successful. Keep the transaction code safe.
Here is how to make the KUCCPS payments successfully:
- Go Na M-PESA Menu, select Lipa na Mpesa
- Select the Pay Bill option
- Enter Business Number 
- Account Number will be your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter the Amount and key in the M-PESA PIN.
- Confirm if the amount has been sent to KUCCPS.